Saturday April 17th, 2021
District Annual General Meeting – via ZOOM – contact Donna Jack for a link
Click HERE to see the AGM poster for details.
Saturday Oct. 16th, 2021
Our Fall Workshop – hosted by Cobble Hill WI
B.C. and Canadian:
- 19092009 British Columbia Women's Institute Centennial
Commemorative History Book Project.
- Labelling of genetically engineered foods. The
Ram's Horn newsletter is a good source for more information.
- Genetic Engineering Task Force sponsored the July 18, 2003 visit by Percy Schmeiser,
the Saskatchewan canola grower involved in a legal battle with bio-tech giant Montsanto. He shared his knowledge and experience and reviewed the long-term impacts of genetic engineering (GE) technology on agriculture.
- Supplying 4-H leaders, instructors, and judges.
- Supporting local fall fairs and exhibitions.
- Working with Agriculture Awareness (agAware BC).
- Promoting use of local foods.
- Ongoing support (monetary and materials) for the Children's Health Foundation of Vancouver Island
and the British Columbia Children's Hospital Foundation.
- Creative Arts Legacy Fund Workshops to help preserve crafts and to teach participants how to do more for themselves. Example workshops: herb gardening,
using apples, pressed flowers, making stepping stones, hanging baskets. To request a workshop, contact a local branch.
- Support of the Adelaide Hoodless Homestead heritage site.
- Support for the Peace Gardens on the Canada/United States border.
- Agriculture in the Classroom (AITC).
In the works:
- School supplies for the former Yugoslavia.
- Operation Christmas Child. Shoebox-sized gift boxes of useful items for children.
Copyright © 20012021 by South Vancouver Island Women's Institutes
Cobble Hill, 1920
Royal Oak, 1911
Salt Spring Island, 1920
(Disbanded: Shirley, 18242018)
Federated Women's Institutes of Canada
Associated Country Women
of the World